Saturday, October 2, 2021

Research your charity

 Right now, I’m studying a site called  AnimalCharityEvaluators  .  I’ve only just signed up for their newsletter, and will keep u posted here. 

A few charities I was following shut down after the pandemic and many shelters suffered financially. 

Coming out of the pandemic will be tough, and it’s best to research any charity no matter how good they read or sound. My go-to charity is Best Friends, but until I’m able to make an in-person visit, one never knows for sure. 

The Humane Society is the oldest charity I’m aware of. If I remember my history correctly, they were started to help the work horses of the late 1800s/early 1900s. 

The first SPCA in the United States was the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA), founded by Henry Bergh in New York City in 1866.

The HSUS-Humane Society United States is an umbrella organization for many charities, and although I wish they’d focus more on the care and comfort of animals, they do good work.



~

No comments:

Post a Comment