Saturday, May 1, 2021

HSUS

 It looks like my monthly automated donations to HSUS have stopped. 

Taking a look, I saw that HSUS.org has changed a lot. 

For one thing, the Humane University has moved to, of all places, 

Madonna University..!?! Yep, Madonna.edu, where;  

Get your degree in a cutting-edge field connecting social justice, environmental conservation, and animal protection.  

I guess anything’s possible these days as banks, schools, conferences, and classes have been moving online. 

I’m not going to concern my work with social justice, laws, or the environment. 

Critters, that’s it, just critters. 

I realize that laws can benefit animals, social justice can help the climate which can help the animals, and on it goes, but what I found is that it ended up taking me further and further from the critters themselves. 

I should say here that it is my intention to help animals, that is, the care and comfort of animals. Realizing this can mean helping people help animals, it moves too far into a political/social realm and animals get left behind yet again. 

Real work with real animals looks more like this; 




  TAKIS SHELTER  





This guy runs his shelter somewhere in Greece, he has lots of volunteers and employees. 

If u think the New World is cruel to animals, it’s nothing like the Old World. And it’s not really cruelty so much as it is disregard. Animals are virtually things there, like furniture that eats and poops and that’s it. 

This guy sees them as beings with feelings, souls, instincts, thoughts and care. He stays on grounds with them day and night and dedicates his life to them. I couldn’t do it, I don’t know many who could, but I would if I could but I can’t so I don’t. 

I do what I can which really isn’t much at all compared to dedication such as Takis Shelter, but I try. 

I’ve long been a fan of Cesar Milan, the American version. 

I have no idea of their political leanings and really truly don’t want to know, I’d just like to see more awareness available of the healing powers of unconditional love and hope more centers like these continue to thrive. 

I’m aware of the political leanings of HSUS and try to avoid anything that isn’t directly applied to the care and comfort of animals, so with all the new information available, I’ll re-start my tiny monthly donations to one of these wonderful places and will stay posted here. 



No comments:

Post a Comment