Saturday, April 10, 2021

Pandemic Over Yet?

 Pandemic Almost Over

   Greetings, 

My routes and I are still recovering from the pandemic, and I just wanted to let u know that I’m able to focus back onto the route. 

This means that the few machines I have left will be tended to properly now. 

An update means recovering from my supply lines coming back up so that I can get fresh candies, my current supply sat too long with too many machines that no longer exist so my supply is a toss and a loss. 

  With businesses back up and running, I’m working with new personnel and their preferences so it’s a lot like starting over from the very beginning with only a few machines again. 

 The Honor Boxes are holding up fine, I didn’t stock up on their candies as much since I wanted to get to know the new line first.  

   I’ve been taste testing the gumballs and as hoped, they always hold up and I’ll tell u why. 

   When gumballs issue straight from the factory, they are so fresh, they melt in the mouth, no ability to chew on them at all. After a few weeks, they firm up but only a little bit. It takes a good 3-6 months to get a good solid gumball with fresh flavor that doesn’t melt away. After this, they gradually firm up more and more, but never have I ever seen nor experienced a gumball that won’t soften up after a bit, and flavor diminishes but doesn’t disappear ever. 

   I honestly believe, and there’s no way to test it, but I believe the better made gumballs, usually by Double Bubble, stored in an unchangeable environment, no heat, no cold nor moisture, just a constant room temperature in medium light, would be able to last with flavor and effectiveness for a few generations. 

    The only problem I have seen so far is that the Jelly Bellies took on flavor from the machines themselves. 

   Jelly Bellies are of exceptional quality and are known for their accurate flavors, which lasted protected in the machines thru the last several months but had taken on a plastic aftertaste from the machines, so I’ve changed them out for gumballs, which never take on any stray flavors or tastes. It’s really too bad, too, because Jelly Bellies are very popular but difficult to vend and maintain. 

   So I’m back on it, I haven’t forgotten the machines or customers, and thanku for your patiences!  



   


No comments:

Post a Comment